When profiling on x86 don’t expect the results to be accurate for ARM.
- Strengths and weaknesses of the platform will affect results.
Profiles will show you where most time is spent.
- That’s not going to highlight any algorithmic mistakes.
- You can tune a bubble sort to perfection…
Remember to profile release builds.
- Including debugging code may skew your results:
- Debug mode normally inhibits compiler optimisations.
- Debug builds enable a variety of extra bits (assertions, debug output).