PrivateEye is an image viewer for RISC OS.
It requires RISC OS 3.6 or later and a Boot sequence with the Nested Wimp and a 32-bit Shared C Library.
- Loads and displays both bitmap and vector images:
- Sprites, JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs
- DrawFiles and ArtWorks
- Bitmap effects:
- Adjust gamma, brightness and contrast
- Blur and sharpen
- Change saturation and apply histogram effects
- Alpha channel support
- Bitmap rotation with interactive preview
- Rotation is lossless for JPEGs
- Native JPEG display using SpriteExtend’s on-the-fly renderer
- Inbuilt lossless “cleaning” transparently loads progressive JPEGs
- JFIF, Exif and Adobe metadata information
- Multiple-channel histogram
- Display images may be saved:
- Convert JPEGs, GIFs and PNGs to into Sprites
- Any number of images may be open concurrently
- Customisable key map
- Interactive help (use it!)
Pixeloo’s untooned Jessica Rabbit demonstrates improved transparency support. (First appeared in version 2.85)
Olivia Wilde demonstrates JPEG metadata display. (First appeared in version 2.75)
Eva Green demonstrates the effects window. (First appeared in version 2.50)
Tigger the cat demonstrates the interactive rotation dialogue. (First appeared in version 2.00)
Current version: 2.99 (05-Feb-2012)
The PrivateEye source lives at svn://svn.riscos.info/privateeye.
Use http://www.riscos.info/websvn/listing.php?repname=privateeye for the web-based repository viewer.
Intructions about how to build PrivateEye are at http://www.riscos.info/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=privateeye&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fdocs%2Fprivateeye%2FBuilding